- Ujczo, Daniel D.
- Media Mentions
In the November 11th edition of The Lawyers Weekly, Cross-Border Business Development Director and Columbus Attorney Dan Ujczo wrote an article titled “New path to binational commerce”. The article discusses the need to break down the silos between the binational business and stakeholder groups in the world’s largest two-way trading relationship.
In the article, Mr. Ujczo discusses the U.S.-Canada S.A.G.E. (Strategies, Advocacy, Gateways, and Engagement), an initiative made up of nearly 60 U.S. and Canada trade associations that targets three areas surrounding the U.S.-Canada relationship:
- “Surge,” where the various Canada-U.S. entities will build consent/consensus on various key issues and collectively mobilize advocacy around such matters;
- Siege,” where the participants will identify issues that require greater analysis, research and consensus building within the Canada-U.S. stakeholder community and cooperate before “surging” to the respective governmental decision-makers; and
- “Structures” to enhance Canada-U.S. capacity and capabilities in areas of collaborative research, ongoing monitoring of progress, training of decision and policy makers and media research.
U.S.-Canada S.A.G.E. (Strategies, Advocacy, Gateways, and Engagement) initially convened this summer to chart a new path forward in bilateral relations. The parties convened again in early October to develop their “2017 Platform,” which will be presented to the government of Canada, the next U.S. administration, the next U.S. Congress and state/provincial leaders shortly after Inauguration Day on Jan. 20, 2017.
To read Mr. Ujczo’s complete article, please click here.
- May 24, 2018 Special Events Inside the Cauldron: Government, Criminal & Civil Enforcement, Compliance & Cybersecurity Hot Topics 2018 on May 24, 2018
- May 23, 2018 Conferences MICPA Conference- Employment Law: It Affects Family Companies Too on May 23, 2018
- May 19, 2018 - May 24, 2018 Conferences 140th INTA Annual Meeting: The Must-Attend Event for IP Stakeholders on May 19 - 23, 2018
- May 18, 2018 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in the 2018 IP Stars
- May 18, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in the USA Today Article “Sports betting: Congress may try to regulate, but passage of any legislation is a long shot”
- May 17, 2018 - May 20, 2018 Conferences Sports Lawyers Association 44th Annual Conference on May 17 - 19, 2018
- May 17, 2018 In the News Attorney Giselle Alexander Named ABA Tax Section Nolan Fellow for 2018-2019
- May 17, 2018 In the News Inside the Cauldron: Government, Criminal & Civil Enforcement, Compliance & Cybersecurity Hot Topics 2018
- May 16, 2018 In the News Attorney James Spica Addresses ABA Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section 2018 Spring Symposia