Aloft Detroit at the David Whitney Building, 1 Park Avenue, Detroit, Michigan
Informational Luncheon & Panel Discussion of the NAFTA 2.0 Negotiations: A Tripartite Discussion
When: Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Registration & Informal Lunch: 11:30 a.m.
Program: 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Location: Aloft Detroit at the David Whitney Building
1 Park Avenue
The U.S.A., Canada and Mexico face a number of joint challenges as they go about the balancing act of renegotiating NAFTA 2.0. Each country is working on defending their existing market access outlined in NAFTA as it exists today while working together on updating the NAFTA 2.0 agreement to meet the requirements of a 21st-century economy.
Can Each Country Find a Deal that Allows them to:
•Adopt a transparent, trilateral approach
•Facilitate cross-border mobiity of business people
•Maintain and enhance access for goods
•Encourage Innovation and digital trade while protecting intellectual property and culture
•Modernize the agreement to today’s business realities and standards
• In addition to many other unique requirements that the US, Canada and Mexico are each seeking
CUSBA NAFTA 2.0 Panelists Include:
•Andrea van Vugt – Vice President Policy North America – Business Council of Canada and a specialist in bilateral and trilateral trade issues with the US and Mexico.
•Jim Dickmeyer – North American Competitiveness Fellow at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars and served as Consul General of the United States of America in Toronto from 2012 to 2015.
•Edmundo Elíasttorney – Partnerat Cacheaux, Cavazos & Newton in the Guadalajara office of and a principal advisor to the Mexican private sector on the NAFTA discussions.
Dickinson Wright is a Gold Sponsor of this event. Please register today by clicking here.
CUSBA – Canada – US Business Association has provided leadership and foresight since 1992 as one of the premier voices for the Canadian and American business communities. We are a nonprofit, non-partisan, issues – oriented business association focused on issues affecting Canada and the United States. We are a key voice for small, medium and large businesses in the world’s most prosperous cross border relationship. Established in Detroit, Michigan / Windsor, Ontario our members are business leaders and stakeholders from both sides of the international border.
- January 29, 2018 Speaking Engagements Panel Discussion on the Future of NAFTA on Monday, January 29, 2018
- January 23, 2018 Webinars Out with the Old and In with the New: 2018 Annual Employment Law Update Webinar on January 23, 2018
- January 17, 2018 - January 21, 2018 Speaking Engagements United Soccer Coaches Convention and U.S. Youth Soccer Workshop on January 18, 2018
- January 16, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Dan Ujczo Quoted on NAFTA Negotiations in the Toronto Star
- January 16, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright PLLC Welcomes Attorney Laura Bassett to the Troy Office
- January 16, 2018 Industry Alerts DACA Renewal Employer Advisory Alert: The C33 Category
- January 12, 2018 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 11, Number 1
- January 2018 Industry Alerts Keep Rollin’ Rollin’ Rollin’: DOL Reissues 17 Opinion Letters That Had Been Withdrawn Under the Obama Administration
- January 2018 Industry Alerts Rescission of Medical Marijuana Memoranda