Aloft Detroit at the David Whitney Building, 1 Park Avenue, Detroit, Michigan
Informational Luncheon & Panel Discussion of the NAFTA 2.0 Negotiations: A Tripartite Discussion
When: Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Registration & Informal Lunch: 11:30 a.m.
Program: 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Location: Aloft Detroit at the David Whitney Building
1 Park Avenue
The U.S.A., Canada and Mexico face a number of joint challenges as they go about the balancing act of renegotiating NAFTA 2.0. Each country is working on defending their existing market access outlined in NAFTA as it exists today while working together on updating the NAFTA 2.0 agreement to meet the requirements of a 21st-century economy.
Can Each Country Find a Deal that Allows them to:
•Adopt a transparent, trilateral approach
•Facilitate cross-border mobiity of business people
•Maintain and enhance access for goods
•Encourage Innovation and digital trade while protecting intellectual property and culture
•Modernize the agreement to today’s business realities and standards
• In addition to many other unique requirements that the US, Canada and Mexico are each seeking
CUSBA NAFTA 2.0 Panelists Include:
•Andrea van Vugt – Vice President Policy North America – Business Council of Canada and a specialist in bilateral and trilateral trade issues with the US and Mexico.
•Jim Dickmeyer – North American Competitiveness Fellow at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars and served as Consul General of the United States of America in Toronto from 2012 to 2015.
•Edmundo Elíasttorney – Partnerat Cacheaux, Cavazos & Newton in the Guadalajara office of and a principal advisor to the Mexican private sector on the NAFTA discussions.
Dickinson Wright is a Gold Sponsor of this event. Please register today by clicking here.
CUSBA – Canada – US Business Association has provided leadership and foresight since 1992 as one of the premier voices for the Canadian and American business communities. We are a nonprofit, non-partisan, issues – oriented business association focused on issues affecting Canada and the United States. We are a key voice for small, medium and large businesses in the world’s most prosperous cross border relationship. Established in Detroit, Michigan / Windsor, Ontario our members are business leaders and stakeholders from both sides of the international border.
- May 30, 2018 & June 6, 2018 Conferences Marijuana Policy Forum Event on May 30, 2018 and June 6, 2018
- May 24, 2018 Special Events Inside the Cauldron: Government, Criminal & Civil Enforcement, Compliance & Cybersecurity Hot Topics 2018 on May 24, 2018
- May 23, 2018 Conferences MICPA Conference- Employment Law: It Affects Family Companies Too on May 23, 2018
- May 23, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Timothy Gary Quoted in the Healthcare Finance Article, “CMS price posting rule may spark confusion when prices don't match what patients have to pay”
- May 22, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Gregory Cahill Quoted in the Construction Dive Article, “The Dotted Line: What contractors need to know about arbitration”
- May 19, 2018 - May 24, 2018 Conferences 140th INTA Annual Meeting: The Must-Attend Event for IP Stakeholders on May 19 - 23, 2018
- May 18, 2018 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in the 2018 IP Stars
- May 18, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in the USA Today Article “Sports betting: Congress may try to regulate, but passage of any legislation is a long shot”
- May 17, 2018 - May 20, 2018 Conferences Sports Lawyers Association 44th Annual Conference on May 17 - 19, 2018