- Thelen, Bruce C.
- Speaking Engagements
Wayne State University Law School , Spencer M. Partrich Auditorium, 471 West Palmer, Detroit, Michigan
Bruce Thelen (Member, Detroit) will Moderate the Panel Discussion on the Future of NAFTA on Monday, January 29, 2018.
Time: 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
at: Wayne State University Law School
Spencer M. Partrich Auditorium, 471 West Palmer
Join Wayne Law’s Program for International Legal Studies and experts in international trade law for lunch and a panel discussion on NAFTA. The Trump administration has made renegotiation of NAFTA one of its foreign policy priorities. Mexico and Canada have strongly resisted many of the conditions it has proposed. The panel will explain the proposals, their likelihood of success and what might happen if the U.S. withdraws from NAFTA. Panelists include Charles Brower, Wayne Law; Maureen Irish, University of Windsor Faculty of Law; and Bruce Thelen (Member, Detroit), Dickinson Wright.
The event is free to attend and lunch is provided. For more information and to register, contact Greg Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 4, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Dan Ujczo Quoted in the Bloomberg Politics Article, “Looming Deadlines Explain Why Trump Is Hurrying for a Nafta Deal”
- April 4, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Dan Ujczo Quoted in the CTV News Article, “Symbolic NAFTA Win Possible, but Hard Work Nowhere Near Done: Trade Insiders”
- March 23, 2018 Seminars ACG NY and Toronto Joint Event on March 23, 2018
- March 22 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Dan Ujczo Interviewed in the Ohio's Country Journal and Ohio Ag Net Article “A NAFTA agreement could open doors around the world for U.S. agriculture”
- March 2018 Industry Alerts Section 232 Steel and Aluminum Tariffs – Commerce Issues Requirements for Exclusion Requests
- March 20, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Brenda Swick Authored The Lawyer’s Daily article “B.C. Log Export Restrictions The Big Change In Softwood Lumber Dispute"
- February 28, 2018 Industry Alerts Softwood Lumber Update: WTO Affirms US Methodology in Determining the Benefit Attributable to Log Export Restrictions in Indonesia Paper as a Countervailable Subsidy
- February 21, 2018 In the News Lawyer Brenda Swick Appointed to the NAFTA Chapter 19 (Trade Remedies) Roster for Canada
- January 29, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Brenda Swick Interviewed on BNN Regarding Softwood Lumber and NAFTA