Join Dickinson Wright Attorney's James Perry and Christy McDonald as they co-present at the Michigan Association of CPA’s CPE Mega Conference on Wednesday, May 23, 2018. The conference will take place at Macomb Community College, Building K - John Lewis Center.
The MICPA Employment Law Conference will cover employment law for small family businesses. Employment law is complicated and navigating all of the rules and regulations can be daunting but critical for businesses to effectively manage. This session will touch on employment law for small family businesses such as short/long-term disability and FMLA/FLSA. These are crucial issues because they can suffer greatly from an employee absence – no matter what the cause. However, in today’s competitive landscape it’s difficult to attract and retain employees without these types of benefits in place.
To learn more or to register, please click here.
- May 2018 Industry Alerts The Times They Are A-Changin’: More States and Cities Move Ahead of the Courts by Prohibiting the Use of Prior Salary Information in Hiring
- April 19, 2018 - April 20, 2018 Conferences 43rd Annual Labor & Employment Law Institute on April 19 - 20, 2018
- April 6, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer David Houston Co-Authored The Michigan Lawyers Weekly Article “Do Labor Arbitrators’ Scorecards Threaten the System?”
- March 27, 2018 Webinars Can You Accommodate My Tattooed Ferret? Approaching Disability and Religious Accommodations in the Millennial Age Webinar on March 27, 2018
- March 16, 2018 Seminars Sunrise Seminar - #You Too Can Do More to Address and Prevent Sexual Harassment in the Workplace on March 16, 2018
- March 2018 Industry Alerts Michigan Court of Appeals Offers Guidance to Employers in Documenting Reasons for Hiring, Promotions
- February 28, 2018 Industry Alerts One Minute You’re In, the Next, You’re Out: NLRB Vacates the Short-Lived Hy-Brand Decision and Reinstates the Browning-Ferris’ Joint Employer Standard
- February 23, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Sara Jodka Quoted in Financial Post Article on Artificial Intelligence in the Workplace
- February 13, 2018 In the News Attorney Timothy Howlett Receives the 2018 Distinguished Service Award