Beus Center for Law and Society, 111 E. Taylor St. Rooms 650 and 644, Phoenix, Arizona
Legal Issues in Design and Construction
April 7, 2017 | Beus Center for Law and Society
Room 650 and 644 | 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
ASU Law CLE and the Alliance for Construction Excellence are teaming up to provide a day in law and construction. We are starting the day with brief welcome remarks from our two event chairs, followed by an hour of ethics on interactions between attorneys and everyone else. We are running two tracks for the event.
Track A are subject matter experts in payment issues (prompt pay, pay when paid, etc.), Liquidated damages, construction disputes and tax issues affecting design and construction.
Scott Holcomb will be leading a team from Dickinson Wright for Track B, focusing on insurance and indemnity, contracting, employment and immigration, and an overview of cases and statutes.
Join us for lunch as we try to stump our panel of experts by asking them difficult if not impossible to answer construction law questions.
Lastly, we will end the day with another hour of ethics, focusing on the rules about getting and giving work in construction.
Register here for this event.
- May 30, 2018 & June 6, 2018 Conferences Marijuana Policy Forum Event on May 30, 2018 and June 6, 2018
- May 24, 2018 Special Events Inside the Cauldron: Government, Criminal & Civil Enforcement, Compliance & Cybersecurity Hot Topics 2018 on May 24, 2018
- May 23, 2018 Conferences MICPA Conference- Employment Law: It Affects Family Companies Too on May 23, 2018
- May 23, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Timothy Gary Quoted in the Healthcare Finance Article, “CMS price posting rule may spark confusion when prices don't match what patients have to pay”
- May 22, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Gregory Cahill Quoted in the Construction Dive Article, “The Dotted Line: What contractors need to know about arbitration”
- May 19, 2018 - May 24, 2018 Conferences 140th INTA Annual Meeting: The Must-Attend Event for IP Stakeholders on May 19 - 23, 2018
- May 18, 2018 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in the 2018 IP Stars
- May 18, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in the USA Today Article “Sports betting: Congress may try to regulate, but passage of any legislation is a long shot”
- May 17, 2018 - May 20, 2018 Conferences Sports Lawyers Association 44th Annual Conference on May 17 - 19, 2018