- Ujczo, Daniel D.
Automation Alley, 2675 Bellingham Drive, Troy, Michigan, 48083
Thursday, September 28, 2017
from: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
at: Automation Alley
2675 Bellingham Drive,
Troy, MI 48083
Join Dickinson Wright, Baker Tilly and collaborating entities as we explore and gain greater clarity of the possible ramifications of trade policy changes for companies who are based or have operations in the U.S., Mexico, Canada or Germany. This half-day conference will feature key insights, topic-specific sessions and the opportunity to network with industry leaders. There is no charge to attend, however, registration is required.
8:00 a.m. Registration/Breakfast/Networking
8:30 a.m. Welcome
8:35 a.m. Keynote – Jeff Jorge
Title: Thriving in uncertain times: Strategies for international growth under U.S. trade policy
Summary: During this interactive session, Jeff Jorge explores current trade policy trends and their potential impact on organizations in the near- and long-term. Leveraging historical perspectives, corollary market examples and real-world experiences, this session aims to empower corporate leaders amidst a highly dynamic global environment. Session attendees can expect to gain insights, practical tools and actionable techniques to apply in a wide range of diverging global scenarios, and to better positioning one’s business to thrive globally during uncertain times.
9:15 a.m. Featured speaker – Mike Jackson, OESA – Executive Director, Strategy & Research
Title: Retooling for Growth in Dynamic Markets
Market Outlook: U.S. sales through July remain strong by historical standards, down 2.9% from record demand levels of 2016, yet this modest decline masks the deteriorating quality of vehicles sales and the growing chasm between car and truck results. Light trucks account for 3.5% growth to date while the outlook for passenger cars is far more bleak with demand plunging 11.7%.
Strategy: Dramatic shifts in consumer preferences will continue to unleash tremendous changes for the industry that will require sound strategic planning to navigate pitfalls and chart a viable course to success. Resource scarcity in terms of talent, capital, and time will require suppliers to elevate their due diligence efforts and assess future opportunities from new perspectives. Suppliers can benefit by positioning to capitalize on growth trends within utility product categories while leveraging consumer demand for broader luxury portfolios.
Flexibility: Suppliers must leverage recent record light vehicle sales and production levels to bolster their financial position. Greater liquidity will empower suppliers to expand their field of opportunities and mitigate the impact of future market uncertainty.
10:15 a.m. Break
10:30 a.m. Panel discussion
Summary: NAFTA and the interplay among key global economies (U.S., Germany, Mexico & Canada) with strength in the automotive industry.
Moderator: Scott Dupuis, Collins Barrow
11:45 a.m. Networking and optional lunch to follow.
This event is sponsored by DW attorneys Jim Plemmons (Member and Practice Department Manager: Automotive, Bankruptcy & Insolvency and Product Liability Litigation, Detroit) and Jason Klingensmith (Member, Detroit). Featured speaker will be Dan Ujczo (Of Counsel and Cross-Border Business Development Director, Columbus).
- March 27, 2018 - March 28, 2018 Conferences 27th Annual Sustainability & EHS Symposium on March 27-28, 2018
- March 23, 2018 Seminars ACG NY and Toronto Joint Event on March 23, 2018
- March 22, 2018 Seminars Data Bites Luncheon Seminar Series on March 22, 2018
- March 20, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Brenda Swick Authored The Lawyer’s Daily article “B.C. Log Export Restrictions The Big Change In Softwood Lumber Dispute"
- March 16, 2018 Seminars Sunrise Seminar - #You Too Can Do More to Address and Prevent Sexual Harassment in the Workplace on March 16, 2018
- March 15, 2018 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 11 Number 3
- March 14, 2018 - March 15, 2018 Conferences 10th Annual Corporate IP Counsel Forum March 14 - 15, 2018
- March 13, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright Attorneys Partner with Randy Miller Homes to Assist Clients in Southeast Michigan
- March 2018 Industry Alerts Michigan Court of Appeals Offers Guidance to Employers in Documenting Reasons for Hiring, Promotions