- Ujczo, Daniel D.
Automation Alley, 2675 Bellingham Drive, Troy, Michigan, 48083
Thursday, September 28, 2017
from: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
at: Automation Alley
2675 Bellingham Drive,
Troy, MI 48083
Join Dickinson Wright, Baker Tilly and collaborating entities as we explore and gain greater clarity of the possible ramifications of trade policy changes for companies who are based or have operations in the U.S., Mexico, Canada or Germany. This half-day conference will feature key insights, topic-specific sessions and the opportunity to network with industry leaders. There is no charge to attend, however, registration is required.
8:00 a.m. Registration/Breakfast/Networking
8:30 a.m. Welcome
8:35 a.m. Keynote – Jeff Jorge
Title: Thriving in uncertain times: Strategies for international growth under U.S. trade policy
Summary: During this interactive session, Jeff Jorge explores current trade policy trends and their potential impact on organizations in the near- and long-term. Leveraging historical perspectives, corollary market examples and real-world experiences, this session aims to empower corporate leaders amidst a highly dynamic global environment. Session attendees can expect to gain insights, practical tools and actionable techniques to apply in a wide range of diverging global scenarios, and to better positioning one’s business to thrive globally during uncertain times.
9:15 a.m. Featured speaker – Mike Jackson, OESA – Executive Director, Strategy & Research
Title: Retooling for Growth in Dynamic Markets
Market Outlook: U.S. sales through July remain strong by historical standards, down 2.9% from record demand levels of 2016, yet this modest decline masks the deteriorating quality of vehicles sales and the growing chasm between car and truck results. Light trucks account for 3.5% growth to date while the outlook for passenger cars is far more bleak with demand plunging 11.7%.
Strategy: Dramatic shifts in consumer preferences will continue to unleash tremendous changes for the industry that will require sound strategic planning to navigate pitfalls and chart a viable course to success. Resource scarcity in terms of talent, capital, and time will require suppliers to elevate their due diligence efforts and assess future opportunities from new perspectives. Suppliers can benefit by positioning to capitalize on growth trends within utility product categories while leveraging consumer demand for broader luxury portfolios.
Flexibility: Suppliers must leverage recent record light vehicle sales and production levels to bolster their financial position. Greater liquidity will empower suppliers to expand their field of opportunities and mitigate the impact of future market uncertainty.
10:15 a.m. Break
10:30 a.m. Panel discussion
Summary: NAFTA and the interplay among key global economies (U.S., Germany, Mexico & Canada) with strength in the automotive industry.
Moderator: Scott Dupuis, Collins Barrow
11:45 a.m. Networking and optional lunch to follow.
This event is sponsored by DW attorneys Jim Plemmons (Member and Practice Department Manager: Automotive, Bankruptcy & Insolvency and Product Liability Litigation, Detroit) and Jason Klingensmith (Member, Detroit). Featured speaker will be Dan Ujczo (Of Counsel and Cross-Border Business Development Director, Columbus).
- January 29, 2018 Speaking Engagements Panel Discussion on the Future of NAFTA on Monday, January 29, 2018
- January 23, 2018 Webinars Out with the Old and In with the New: 2018 Annual Employment Law Update Webinar on January 23, 2018
- January 17, 2018 - January 21, 2018 Speaking Engagements United Soccer Coaches Convention and U.S. Youth Soccer Workshop on January 18, 2018
- January 16, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Dan Ujczo Quoted on NAFTA Negotiations in the Toronto Star
- January 16, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright PLLC Welcomes Attorney Laura Bassett to the Troy Office
- January 16, 2018 Industry Alerts DACA Renewal Employer Advisory Alert: The C33 Category
- January 12, 2018 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 11, Number 1
- January 2018 Industry Alerts Keep Rollin’ Rollin’ Rollin’: DOL Reissues 17 Opinion Letters That Had Been Withdrawn Under the Obama Administration
- January 2018 Industry Alerts Rescission of Medical Marijuana Memoranda