- Hamilton, K. Scott
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
3 p.m. to 5 p.m. (EST)
Dickinson Wright attorney, K. Scott Hamilton (Member, Detroit) will present at the Knowledge Congress’ webcast entitled: “Why It is Advantageous to Use Appellate Attorneys for Cases on Appeal Live Webcast.”
Appellate practice requires skills distinct from trial practice. The development of issues for appellate consideration requires a different perspective from the points raised in litigation. Depending on the level of appellate court and the composition of the appellate bench, it’s often advantageous to have a fresh review of the record to identify those issues that will be of interest to a particular court and to present the ramifications of the case in the most persuasive fashion. At the appellate level, competent brief writing is essential to present the main points with clarity and logic that strikes a chord of justice. States’ highest courts and federal appellate courts are frequently concerned with the policy consequences of a decision and this a topic not generally addressed at the trial level. The benefits of using experienced appellate counsel as the primary attorney or as a consultant can greatly enhance the potential for success.
This webinar will cover:
· How to best analyze and identify the strongest points for appellate development
· Key considerations in drafting an appellate brief
· The value of editing and understanding modern judicial legal-writing preferences
· How to best prepare for oral argument
· Persuasive presentation techniques for oral argument
· How to best involve your client during preparation of an appellate case
- March 05, 2018 Speaking Engagements Is Sports Betting Coming to Iowa Conference March 5, 2018
- February 28, 2018 Seminars ACC February Luncheon February 28, 2018
- February 27, 2018 - February 28, 2018 Conferences 4th Annual Cybersecurity Conference on February 27 - 28, 2018
- February 21, 2018 In the News Lawyer Brenda Swick Appointed to the NAFTA Chapter 19 (Trade Remedies) Roster for Canada
- February 20, 2018 - February 21, 2018 Seminars Austin’s Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Business & Law CLE event on February 20, 2018
- February 20, 2018 Industry Alerts Opioid Litigation Landslide – Are Physicians And Hospitals The Next Targets?
- February 20, 2018 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 11, Number 2
- February 2018 Industry Alerts The Numbers Do Lie: How Thieves Can Steal Your Cell Phone Number And Wreak Havoc On Your Life
- February 19, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Greg Gemignani Quoted in NJ Gambling Sites Article on "MLB, NBA Not Winning Fans with Demand for 1 Percent of Wagers in Sports Bets"