- Root, Justin L. .
Hyatt Regency Lexington, 401 West High Street, Lexington, Kentucky, 40507
Join Dickinson Wright Attorney Justin L. Root, (Of Counsel, Columbus) who will be speaking at the upcoming 4th Annual Cyber Security Conference organized by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce on Feb. 27, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency Lexington, 401 West High Street, in Lexington, KY.
Justin's presentation, entitled “Cyber Threats: How Your Everyday Activities Place Your Data at Risk” will focus on a firsthand experiential tour through common threat vectors that can expose your company to cybercrime or civil liability. Justin will also will explore the anatomy of cybercrime, review technical and non-technical threats to the security of your data and learn a few tips for minimizing the inherent risks along the way.
To learn more about the 4th Annual Cyber Security Conference and to register, please click here.
A recent survey by the National Association of Corporate Directors indicates that company boards are worried about cyberattacks on their networks and connected devices. Is your company prepared to withstand a cyberattack? What are current “best practices” for companies and individuals? Come hear from professionals working in the cyber security and data privacy field to learn about current threats, how to best protect company operations and information and how to be in compliance with certain laws in this realm.
Who Should Attend?
This program should appeal to anyone who has a role regarding personal or confidential information – whether the information is that of a customer, employee, patient, student, job applicant or it is a trade secret or other proprietary information. Board members, CEOs, CIOs, CFOs, HR, PR departments, in-house and general counsels, and insurance and risk managers all are part of the team.
- February 20, 2018 - February 21, 2018 Seminars Austin’s Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Business & Law CLE event on February 20, 2018
- February 2018 Industry Alerts The Numbers Do Lie: How Thieves Can Steal Your Cell Phone Number And Wreak Havoc On Your Life
- February Industry Alerts The Grey’s Anatomy / Allscripts Ransomware Crossover Event: When Scripted TV Becomes Reality, the Script Goes Out the Window
- January 18, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Justin Root Interviewed on Cybersecurity by Spectrum Networks
- January 9, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Wendy Hulton Quoted in Canadian Lawyer Article on Data Breaches
- December 2017 Industry Alerts The Internet of Toys: Legal and Privacy Issues with Connected Toys
- September 2017 Industry Alerts So…Everyone’s Been Compromised? What To Do In The Wake Of The Equifax Breach
- September 2017 Industry Alerts More Companies Must Comply with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, But Don’t Know It. Are You One of Them?
- August 2017 Industry Alerts Did Data Scraping Just Get A Tiny Bit Safer?