- Claus, Scot L.
Desert Willow Conference Center, 4340 E. Cotton Center Blvd., Phoenix, Arizona
THE MCBA PARALEGAL DIVISION’S 15th Anniversary MCBA Paralegal Conference
Friday, September 8, 2017
from 7:15 a.m. to 5 p.m.
at Desert Willow Conference Center
4340 E. Cotton Center Blvd.
Scot Claus (Member, Phoenix) will present the third breakout session, "Start Making Sense: What the Talking Heads Can Teach us About Opening Statements and Closing Arguments".
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Vince S. Goddard, Esq., Pinal County Attorney’s Office
“The Analysis of a Death Penalty Case: Getting it Right When Life and Death are at Stake”
First Breakout Session
Trial Track: “Did Your Lamb Turn into a Lion? Trial Preparation and Presentation Techniques for Large Complex Cases” - Tim Piganelli, Piganelli & Associates
Immigration Law: “Chasing Refuge: Current Issues in Asylum Law and Policy” - Sambo Dul, Esq., Perkins Coie LLP
Family Law: “To Have and To Hold: Drafting, Negotiating, and Challenging Prenuptial Agreements”- Jeff Pollitt, Esq., Jeffrey G. Pollitt PC
Second Breakout Session
Trial Track: “eDiscovery Under the New Rules: Swim Towards the Safe Harbors!” - Kenneth Withers, Deputy Executive Director of The Sedona Conference
Bonus Ethics Session: “The Good, The Bad and The ……Yeah" - Hon. William J. O’Neil, Supreme Court of Arizona
Employment Law: “The Impact of Proposition 206 on Arizona’s Workforce (Minimum Wage and Paid Time Off)” - Jodi R. Bohr, Esq., Gallagher & Kennedy
Third Breakout Session
Trial Track: “Start Making Sense: What the Talking Heads Can Teach us About Opening Statements and Closing Arguments” - Scot Claus, Esq., Dickinson Wright
Elder Law: “Care Planning for Parents, Spouses, Children and Clients” - Marsha Goodman, Esq., Frazer Ryan Goldberg & Arnold, LLP
“White Collar Crime, Scams, and Fraud: What Every Paralegal Should Know” - Flynn Carey, Esq., Mitchell Stein Carey
“Game of Thorny Ethics Questions”
Presenter: Patricia Sallen, Esq.
“Cyber Security 101, What You Should Know”
Presenter: David Grant, JD, CAPP/US, Associate General Counsel, Director of Privacy, Altep
Register by clicking here today!
- May 30, 2018 & June 6, 2018 Conferences Marijuana Policy Forum Event on May 30, 2018 and June 6, 2018
- May 24, 2018 Special Events Inside the Cauldron: Government, Criminal & Civil Enforcement, Compliance & Cybersecurity Hot Topics 2018 on May 24, 2018
- May 23, 2018 Conferences MICPA Conference- Employment Law: It Affects Family Companies Too on May 23, 2018
- May 23, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Timothy Gary Quoted in the Healthcare Finance Article, “CMS price posting rule may spark confusion when prices don't match what patients have to pay”
- May 22, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Gregory Cahill Quoted in the Construction Dive Article, “The Dotted Line: What contractors need to know about arbitration”
- May 19, 2018 - May 24, 2018 Conferences 140th INTA Annual Meeting: The Must-Attend Event for IP Stakeholders on May 19 - 23, 2018
- May 18, 2018 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in the 2018 IP Stars
- May 18, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in the USA Today Article “Sports betting: Congress may try to regulate, but passage of any legislation is a long shot”
- May 17, 2018 - May 20, 2018 Conferences Sports Lawyers Association 44th Annual Conference on May 17 - 19, 2018